A message to Guests, Residents and Staff
We consider our Guests, Residents and Staff to be part of our Ashmore Palms Holiday Village ‘Family’ and your health and safety remains our highest priority, particularly during this uncertain time.
We monitor the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation regularly by assessing the information provided to us from the Australian Government, Department of Health, our workplace Health & Safety Auditors and other Industry Associations.
In the midst of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, it’s important that we are providing you with clear, timely information about the procedures we have adopted, in order to maintain a sanitary environment, to ensure the highest level of safety for our Residents, Staff and Guests.
Ashmore Palms offers quality, self contained cabin accommodation and extensive facilities for the enjoyment of Residents and Guests. Our accommodation include holiday, short term and long term cabins.
We are very fortunate at Ashmore Palms to have separate, fully self-contained cabins – each with individual kitchens, bathrooms, and air conditioning systems – in addition to extensive grounds and open spaces within the Village. These features of the Village and cabins, in addition to our experienced Cleaning and Maintenance Teams, assist us to reduce risks.
Please ensure to read this update carefully and speak to our Reception Team if you have any questions, suggestions or concerns.
Ashmore Palms’ Management
Maintaining Health & Safety Standards
We will continue to uphold our high standards of cleanliness and customer service.
Our Management Team is oversees all Village cleaning procedures to ensure that they are comprehensive, timely and appropriate.
These practices are refined as new information is provided by the Australian Government and industry associations and currently include:
• Ensuring social-distancing measures are followed
• Disinfecting and wiping down of cabin keys, reception benches, pens, facility equipment handed to guests, golf buggies and phones regularly.
• Daily cleaning of amenity blocks, laundry equipment, facility gates, handrails, doors, poolside lounges and BBQ area.
• Extensive cabin cleaning conducted and checked for all cleans, which includes professional linen services cleaning.
How can you Help?
It is important that we work together as a community to reduce the risk of the spread COVID-19.
You can help us reduce risks by adopting the following:
• Ensure you wash your hands regularly. This is the most effective way of maintaining good hygiene and preventing cross-contamination. Visit the Queensland Health website for further details on effective hand washing.
• Get tested by your Doctor or hospital immediately if you have come into contact with someone with COVID-19 or have flu symptoms.
• Seek immediate medical help if you come into contact with someone with COVID-19.
• Please notify Reception immediately if you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or are required to be in self-quarantine.
• Please notify Reception if you or any of your neighbours, especially elderly and those with special needs, need any assistance.
If you are required by your doctor or other Government body to self-isolate, there are important measures you need to take.
Firstly, you must notify Reception in advance of returning to Ashmore Palms or checking-in to our accommodation.
You will be required (by law) to self-isolate for a 14-day period. Within this period our Staff will do everything they can to ensure your stay is comfortable, while keeping your safety and their safety a priority.
Visitors cannot enter your cabin and you must not use the facilities or come in contact with others.
Please let Reception know if you wish to purchase items from the Village Store. Credit card payment can be made over the phone and we can deliver items to your balcony, for your convenience.
For holiday and short-term cabins that have linen included, your cabin will not be serviced by our Housekeeping until the 14-day isolation period is complete.
Fresh linen and towels will be available upon request by phoning Reception on 5539 3222.
You will receive a linen bag upon arrival. Please place your dirty towels and linen in and leave out the front of your cabin door. Our Housekeeping Team will replace this bag with fresh linen and towels for you. For all cabins (excluding privately owned homes), our Maintenance Team will only conduct minor maintenance after the 14 day isolation period.
However, in instances where urgent maintenance is required, please contact Reception immediately.