Stay at Ashmore Palms Holiday Village this Father’s Day weekend and take advantage of the FREE family fun! Book Ashmore Palms’ exclusive “Family Fun Weekend 2+Night Deal”and enjoy staying in a self-contained 2 or 3 bedroom cabin and enjoy the family friend facilities and FREE family activities.
Make the most of the Queensland school’s Student Free Day (on Friday 4 September) and make it a long weekend. Plus, if you’re checking out on Sunday, enjoy late 12 noon checkout! (Only available on Family Fun Weekend 2+night Deal)
All activities have Covid-Safe plans, with social distances and hygiene measures, and include the following:
Friday 4 September 2020
- Early Arrival on Friday – if you’re checking in on Friday, check in early at no extra cost! Check in any time from 12 noon. Please notify Reception in advance by calling 07 5539 3222 to make arrangements as early arrival is subject to cabin availability.
- Free Gift Bag – Check in at Ashmore Palms and receive a free Family Fun Weekend Gift Pack (one per “Family Fun Weekend” reservation)
Saturday 5 September 2020 – Super Hero Day!
- Bird Tours & Photo Opportunity – Bird Tours for groups of 8, held at 8.00am, 8.30am, 9.00am and 9.30am on Saturday morning. Meet at the Holiday Reception for your personal tour and take photos with a tame parrot. Approximately 20 minutes duration. Please book a tour timeslot in advance with Reception. (Please note that we hope to bring out a Green Winged Macaw but it is currently breeding season so this will be dependent on the day).
- Father’s Day Card Making and Craft – Join Miss Kellie in the Activity Centre to make a card for father’s day or for a special person. Session times are 9.00am, 9.40am, 10.20am, 11.00am and 11.40am. Maximum 8 children per session, aged 5 years and over. Book a session time in advance with Reception. Sessions each run for 30 minutes.
- Old MacDonald’s Farm Petting Zoo – Have fun playing with baby animals at the petting zoo between 11.00am and 3.00pm on Saturday. Book a 20 minute timeslot in advance with Reception. The farm will be set up on the grassed area behind Macca’s Madhouse. Book a 20-minute timeslot with Reception.
- Super Hero Obstacle Course and Jumping Castle – kids can verse mum or dad on the giant Justice League obstacle course! Or enjoy the Justice League jumping castle with slide for a milder version. These super hero jumping castles will open between 12 noon and 4.00pm near the lower level of the Activity Centre.
- Mascot Appearances – Look out for Macca Macaw and Maggie Macaw, Ashmore Palms’ cuddly mascots, who will be making random guest appearances on Saturday!
Sunday 6 September 2020
- Bird Tours & Photo Opportunity – Bird Tours for groups of 8, held at 8.00am, 8.30am and 9.00am on Sunday morning. Meet at the Holiday Reception for your personal tour and take photos with a tame parrot. Approximately 20 minutes duration. Please book a tour timeslot in advance with Reception. (Please note that we hope to bring out a Green Winged Macaw but it is currently breeding season so this will be dependent on the day).
- Family Fun Olympics – Join Gecko Sport for family fun Olympics in the tennis court area. Sessions commence at 8.30am and 9.20am and each run for 40 minutes. Book a timeslot in advance with Reception.
- Coffee Van – 8.30am to 10.00am Sunday. Meet Lou the Coffee Lady near reception to buy a hot chocolate or coffee for dad or yourself on Father’s Day! Guests who book the “Family Fun Weekend Deal” will receive a voucher for one free medium coffee or hot chocolate. Present your voucher to Lou for redemption. The coffee van will be set up outside of the Village Store.
- Late Check Out! Guests who book the “Family Fun Weekend 2+night Deal” can enjoy late check out at 12 noon on Sunday! This offer applies to those guests on the Deal who have booked to check out on Sunday 6 September. If you wish to stay until 2pm, a late check out fee of $20 per cabin applies and arrangements must be made with Reception in advance.